Custom-made by Jim Francis, Democratic candidate for Louisiana's 1st Congressional District
Contribute any amount to be automatically entered to win.
About the Black Strat
David Gilmour's famous Black Strat guitar has been featured on some of the world’s biggest selling albums of all time and classic Pink Floyd songs like Money, Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Comfortably Numb. Handmade by Jim Francis, this replica has roots in Louisiana — the body was made from 160-year old cypress wood originating from an old mill in Bossier City, Louisiana.
The guitar has a handmade, quartersaw, maple neck with the exact same specifications of Gilmour's — 7.25" radiused neck, original 1958 "Patent Pending" Fender tremolo, the exact same custom wound pickups and unique wiring with the ability to join the neck and bridge pickups. The specs are identical to David Gilmour's Black Strat (and sounds identical too):
- Fender ‘57 C shape maple neck with maple 7.25″ radius fingerboard and 21 vintage style frets.
- Fender vintage style tuning machines.
- 1-ply .120” beveled black acrylic, 11 hole pickguard.
- Fender neck and middle pickups dated 1971 and a Seymour Duncan custom wound SSL-1C bridge pickup
- 1958 Fender synchronized tremolo bridge
- 5-way pickup selector
- Custom mini-toggle switch on the pickguard for neck/bridge combo.
- Shortened tremolo arm to 4.25″